Multiple Sclerosis Association of Kenya, abbreviated as MS-Kenya is a legally registered organization that brings together people with, those affected by and professionals dealing with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and a similar disease called Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO). This includes, but is not limited to, patients living with the conditions, their families, caregivers, neurologists, physiotherapists and nutritionists.
We meet once every second Saturday of the month at All Saints Cathedral kindergarten to encourage one another, learn about how to deal with the challenges of living with MS and to organize activities to help us meet the association’s objectives. Apart from the monthly meeting, the group has a WhatsApp Group where members share and encourage each other.
- To acquire and share information on Multiple Sclerosis and Neuromyelitis Optica.
- To provide support and relief to people affected by MS and NMO.
- To act as a link to other Multiple Sclerosis Societies and Associations worldwide.
- To lobby and create awareness on MS and NMO
- To promote research into Multiple Sclerosis and allied conditions for the benefit of all.
- To encourage people affected by MS and NMO to attain their full potential as members of the association by improving their quality of life.
How to join:
Anyone living with, affected by, or a professional dealing with MS or NMO is welcome to be a member. The non-refundable membership fee of KES 2,000 per family per year, Student members pay KES 1,000 and Friends of MS Kenya pay any amount from KES 1,000 per year.
You can pay with:
Lipa na mpesa, Pay bill, Business # 329329, account # 0102847366400.
Standard Chartered Bank Kenya, Account name: Multiple Sclerosis Association of Kenya, Account # 0102847366400, Branch: Yaya Center.
You can also contact us or go to MS Kenya on Facebook